Thursday, December 31

An Angel Christmas



























 This Christmas has been the most stressful and painful Christmas ever. I lost my dad to covid19 and I'm still dealing with the pain of losing him. I really didn't want to decorate or do anything for the holidays, but I knew my dad wouldn't want me to be that way. I love decorating and my dad loved to take pictures of our family decorations. I knew I couldn't disappoint him, so I got up and started working on my design project right away.

 I decided to do an angel Christmas tree in honor of my dad. The colors I used for my tree were pewter, silver, white, and shades of greys. I usually hand make some of my ornaments but this year I created ornaments out of things that I bought. I used a garland of angels and made individual ornaments out of them. I bought a variety of different kinds of angels that were made of different materials. I also incorporated angel wings in my tree design. I  spray painted my angel wings in white and silver. I purchased a very special ornament from  shop Hearts Project. It was the most special ornament on my tree and meant the world to me. It had a white feather inside and  two heart charms with a beautiful message. I loved it! It was just right for my tree.

I'm so proud of myself for completing my project and I know my dad would be proud of me too. I completed it through the grief and the pain. It has been a very hard year for me. I'm also going through some other challenges in my life but with God, therapy and prayer I know I will get through it all. 

I'm praying  for peace in the world and a good new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment